I cannot believe it is already June! The last month has been very exciting for me, as so many sweet fruits started to reappear on the grocery store shelves. Among these fruity favorites was THE MANGO. Mangos tend to be a bit pricy and I’m not very good at cutting them (the core is a lil bitch), so I only buy them occasionally. But they are freaking delicious.
While fresh mangos are great, I also love dried mangos — especially the Trader Joe’s Dried Chile Spiced Mangos 🌶 I haven’t had them since I moved to Spain last year, but they have not been forgotten… they are perfectly sweet and spicy without being too hot (which is good for me because I am s.e.n.s.i.t.i.v.e to heat). With the Mango + Chili flavor combination on my mind, I thought that it would make the perfect salsa. So I tried it out. And I was right, this salsa is dope and I’m excited to share it with you!
This Mango Chili Salsa is sweet, spicy, and satisfying! All you need is 20 minutes, 8 ingredients, and a knife to make this delicious summer snack.
How to Make Mango Chili Salsa
Think of this Mango Chili Salsa recipe as a template. I imagine it would be very forgiving if you wanted to sub or add any ingredients, but I personally think the flavor profile is perfect 😉
All you need to make this salsa is…
- Red Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Fresh Cilantro
- Ginger Power
- Chili Powder (Or Chili Peppers)
That’s it! I opted to use Chili Powder for this recipe, but you can use Chili Peppers as you please.
How hot is this salsa? 🔥
If you’re a heat baby like me, you probably want to know how many tears you are going to shed upon consuming this salsa. The answer is: none! This recipe was designed for my personal heat tolerance, which is very low. I’d say this salsa is a pretty solid mild on the heat scale.
For extra heat, add more Chili Powder or Chili Peppers!
A Few Notes
- For best results, wait an hour or two before eating this salsa so all the flavors can combine.
- Fresh cilantro is amaaazing in here, but fresh mint would also be delicious if you need a sub.
- Store extras in the fridge and eat within 5 days!
If you make this recipe, leave it a rating and a comment! You can also tag me @Daughter_of_Seitan on Instagram so I can see your lovely food creations. XOXOPrint
This Mango Chili Salsa is sweet, spicy, and satisfying! All you need is 20 minutes, 8 ingredients, and a knife to make this delicious summer salsa.
- 1 large Mango
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Red Onion
- Juice of 1 Lime (~3 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Finely dice your Mangos, Tomato, Red Bell Pepper, and Red Onion.
- Transfer your diced veggies to a large bowl, along with the Lime juice, Cilantro, Chili Powder, Ginger Powder, and Salt. Mix until well incorporated.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before consuming to let the flavors combine. Or eat straight away, I’m not the boss of you.
Keywords: Mango Chili Salsa, Mango, Chili, Salsa