This pineapple fried rice is sweet, savory, and ready in under 30 minutes. Vegan, gluten-free, healthy, and perfect for a quick and easy dinner.
- 3/4 cup dry white rice (~ 2 cups cooked)
- 2 cups pineapple, diced (1 small pineapple)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice (1 lime)
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pot with the rice. Once boiling reduce to a simmer and cook 17-18 mins until all the water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, prep the veggies. Chop the pineapple, red bell pepper, and onion into small chunks. Slice the mushrooms. Mince the garlic.
- Heat some water or oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook the onions and garlic 4-5 minutes, or until they start to brown.
- Throw the red bell pepper and mushrooms into the pan, and cook 4-5 minutes, or until they start to soften.
- Add the pineapple to the pan, and cook 2-3 minutes until the pineapple starts to break down and get juicy.
- Finally, stir in the cooked rice, soy sauce, and lime juice. Cook an additional few minutes so all the flavors can combine.
- Serve immediately!
Keywords: Pineapple, Fried Rice, Pineapple Fried Rice, Thai, Vegan Fried Rice