These Vegan Tacos are simple, high protein, and take under 30 minutes to make! This TVP taco meat is versatile and tastes great with any toppings.
- 2 cups Veggie Broth
- 2 cups Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP)
- 1/2 small White Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Salsa of Choice
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Maple Syrup (sub Agave)
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- Fresh Black Pepper to taste
- Boil 2 cups of Veggie Broth. Remove from heat, and add TVP to the pot. Give it a stir, cover with a lid, and let sit for about 5 minutes under the liquid is absorbed. The TVP should be soft and fluffy.
- In a large pan, add a little oil or water and cook the Onions and Garlic over medium heat until soft.
- Add the rehydrated TVP, Soy Sauce, Maple Syrup, Cumin Powder, Oregano, Chili Powder, and Black Pepper to the pan. Cook 5 minutes, stirring well.
- Mix in the Salsa and cook for another 5-10 minutes until any remaining liquid is evaporated.
- Scoop mixture into Tortillas, on a Salad, over Chips, or however you would like! I enjoy this TVP taco meat wrapped in a tortilla with chopped Lettuce, Avocado, Cilantro and a little squeeze of Lime Juice.
Keywords: Vegan Taco, TVP, High Protein, Soy, Simple, Tacos