These vegan protein pancakes are soft, fluffy, and made with just 7 ingredients. The perfect easy pancake recipe for breakfast or brunch!
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (sub any plant based milk)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (sub lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil + extra oil for greasing the pan
- (150g) 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- (30g) 5 tablespoons vanilla protein powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Mix the wet ingredients. In a medium bowl or measuring cup, stir together the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and oil. Set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, protein powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined – a few lumps are okay. Be careful not to over mix the batter or your pancakes will be tough.
- Cook the pancakes. Heat a nonstick griddle or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, grease the pan. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the pan and cook until bubbles form, about 3 minutes. Then flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 2-3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- This recipe yields about 12 small pancakes. Serve with fresh fruit, vegan butter, and maple syrup.
* I used Naked Nutrition vegan vanilla protein powder
* Cook time will vary based on how large your griddle is and how many pancakes you are able to cook at one time.
- Serving Size: 4 pancakes
- Calories: 279.5 kcal
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 532.4 mg
- Fat: 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.5 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 12.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: vegan pancakes, vegan protein pancakes, vegan protein powder