These delicious vegan stuffing muffins are the perfect holiday side dish for anyone who loves crunchy stuffing! A fun alternative to traditional stuffing, these stuffing muffins are great for making ahead of time and freezing.
- 12 slices crusty bread*, cut into 1/3″ cubes (about 6 cups)
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1/2 gala apple, finely diced (1 cup)
- 1 rib celery, finely diced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 small carrot, finely diced (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chicken broth (sub vegetable broth)
- Dry the bread cubes. Preheat the oven to 300 F and spread the bread cubes evenly onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes, or until the bread cubes are very dry and crunchy. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Make the stuffing.
- In a large saucepan or pot over medium heat, melt the vegan butter. Toss in the celery, onion, carrot, apple, and spices. Sauté until softened, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Then, add the dried bread cubes to the pot or pan, slowly pouring in the vegetable broth 1/2 cup at a time, until the mixture is soft but not wet.
- Bake the stuffing muffins. Scoop the stuffing into a 12 cup muffin tin, packing it down and filling it just above the top of the cup. Bake on the center rack of the oven until set and crispy on top, about 35-40 minutes.
- Let muffins cool completely before removing from the muffin tin, or they might break apart when you take them out. Use a butter knife to help loosen up the edges when removing. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store leftovers in the fridge for 5 days, or in the freezer.
* I used a fresh loaf of sourdough bread, but you could also use Italian bread or any crusty, high-quality bread of choice. Sandwich bread will work in a pinch, but the muffins are not as crunchy.
- Serving Size: 1 stuffing muffin
- Calories: 100.6 kcal
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 375.1 mg
- Fat: 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.9 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan stuffing muffins, vegan stuffing recipe, vegan thanksgiving