This vegan macaroni salad is a healthier version of a traditional mac salad! Loaded with macaroni, crunchy veggies, and a creamy lightened-up sauce (with a secret ingredient!), this recipe tastes decadent and delicious.
- 8 oz elbow noodles, gluten-free if needed
- 6 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup silken tofu (or sub with more vegan mayo)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- Cook your elbow noodles in salted water according to package instructions. Rinse with cold water and drain, then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Blend the vegan mayo, silken tofu, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, dill, and salt until smooth to make a sauce.
- Add the sauce, relish, bell pepper, celery, and red onion to the mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
This macaroni salad will keep in the fridge for up to a week and is freezer-friendly. To freeze, let it thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 140cal
- Sugar: 3.4g
- Sodium: 330.14mg
- Fat: 7.63g
- Saturated Fat: 0.89g
- Carbohydrates: 13.35g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan pasta salad, healthy macaroni salad, lightened up macaroni salad