These no bake salted caramel energy balls are vegan, gluten-free, and made with wholesome ingredients. With just 5 ingredients and 10 minutes, you have a decadent yet healthy snack that will delight you with it’s wonderful caramel flavor and addicting fudgy texture.
- 3/4 cup oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 cup pitted dates, packed (about 10 dates)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2–3 tablespoons of water (if needed)
- Remove the pits from your dates. If your dates are dry, soak them in warm water for 5-10 minutes, or until soft and rehydrated. If you have soft gooey dates, soaking is not necessary.
- Add the oats and cashews to a food processor and pulse a few times until a coarse crumble forms.
- Add the pitted dates, tahini, cinnamon, and salt to the food processor. Pulse until evenly incorporated. The mixture should stick together when you try to roll it into balls. If the mixture is too dry, add water 1 tablespoon at a time and pulse again, until it is sticky.
- Form mixture into 1 – 1.5 in balls. Roll the balls in finely chopped cashews (optional), then pop in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before enjoying.
- Store in an air-tight container in the freezer. You could also store in the fridge, but these are best frozen!
- Serving Size: 1 energy ball
- Calories: 55 cals
- Sugar: 6.31g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.25g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrates: 10.1g
- Fiber: 1.21g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: salted caramel, energy bites recipe, no bake energy bites, vegan bliss balls