This vegan cashew sour cream is the perfect dairy-free sour cream alternative. It is tangy, creamy, and takes just 10 minutes to make! Use to top baked potatoes, tacos, buddha bowls, and more.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (sub lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- Boil cashews for 10 minutes, or soak them for at least 4 hours. Strain the cashews.
- Blend cashews, water, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, and salt until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary; add more lime juice or apple cider vinegar for acidity, salt for saltiness, or water for a thinner sour cream.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 60 cals
- Sugar: 0.68g
- Sodium: 98.34g
- Fat: 4.57g
- Saturated Fat: 0.84g
- Carbohydrates: 3.44g
- Fiber: 0.36g
- Protein: 1.98g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan sour cream recipe, cashew cream, sauces with cashews