This winter kale salad is hearty, healthy, and full of roasted in-season vegetables! Drizzled with maple mustard vinaigrette, this salad is full of warmth and flavor.
- 1 bunch of kale
- 10 brussels sprouts, cut into halves
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1/4 in coins
- 1 medium red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 medium beet, cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
Maple Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 small lemons, juiced (6 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Chop all your veggies and place them in a large mixing bowl. Coat with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt + pepper to taste.
- Spread veggies evenly on a lined or greased baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes, flip, then bake an addition 18-20 minutes.
- While your veggies are cooking, prepare the maple mustard vinaigrette. Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Wash and destem your kale, and place in a large mixing bowl. Massage your kale for a few minutes until it becomes darker and tender. Massaging the kale makes it a lot softer, less bitter, and more pleasant to eat. Do not skip this step!
- Pour about half of the dressing over the massaged kale and toss to evenly coat the leaves.
- Once the veggies are done toss them with the kale and the remaining dressing.
- This salad keeps 4-5 days in the fridge and is perfect for meal prep!
Keywords: Kale, Salad, Winter Vegetables, Roasted Vegetables