Hummus pasta is the easiest weeknight dinner to make when you don’t feel like cooking. This hearty pasta recipe comes together with just 5 ingredients and 15 minutes!
- 8oz pasta of choice (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 cup garlic hummus*
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup spinach
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, cook pasta al dente in salted water according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a little oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, sauté the onions 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add in the tomatoes and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta when it is done cooking, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Set pasta aside and do not rinse!
- Add the hummus to the saucepan with the sautéed veggies, and slowly stir in the pasta water until it’s smooth and creamy. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Pour the pasta into the saucepan and stir until evenly coated with sauce. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
* If you use plain hummus, sauté 2–3 cloves of minced garlic when you cook the other veggies.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 331.8 kcal
- Sugar: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 275.4 mg
- Fat: 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 57.3 g
- Fiber: 6.2 g
- Protein: 12.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: hummus pasta, vegan pasta recipes, hummus recipes