This delicious 7 ingredient avocado pesto pasta is full of fresh herbs and bright flavors. A healthier take on traditional pesto, this avocado pesto sauce is vegan and oil-free! Ready in just 15 minutes, this recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
- 8oz pasta of choice (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 large ripe avocado, skin and pit removed
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed *
- 1 cup fresh parsley, packed *
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a medium pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook pasta al dente according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add all the remaining ingredients to a food processor. Process until the pesto is smooth and creamy. Add extra water if you like a thinner sauce.
- Drain the pasta, then return to the pot. Stir in the pesto and cook over low heat until warm.
- Serve this pasta warm or cold. Store in the fridge 5-7 days.
* Instead of 1 cup each of basil and parsley, you could do 2 cups of parsley or 2 cups of basil. Alternatively, I think spinach would work in this recipe if you don’t have basil or parsley.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 304.59
- Sugar: 2.62g
- Sodium: 309.48mg
- Fat: 7.32g
- Saturated Fat: 0.76g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 50.59g
- Fiber: 11.19g
- Protein: 13.03g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: avocado, pesto pasta recipe, vegan pesto