These 15 minute basil summer rolls are packed with fresh veggies for a light, refreshing meal or snack. Dip these rice paper rolls in a super simple peanut sauce and enjoy!
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- 1 avocado
- Handful of fresh basil, destemmed
- 1/2 english cucumber
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter *
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (half a lemon)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- Slice the avocado and chop the cucumber, bell pepper, and carrot into matchsticks.
- Dip a rice paper wrapper into a bowl of warm water for 2 seconds. Shake off excess water and lay on a wood cutting board or damp towel.
- Add veggies to the center of the wrap. Fold up bottom half to cover, then fold in the sides. Roll tightly. Repeat until all of the veggies are used up.
- To make the peanut sauce, whisk all ingredients together until smooth. If it is too thick, add more water. If it is too thin, add more peanut butter.
* The runny consistency of natural peanut butter helps the sauce mix together smoother.
The nutrition facts listed are just for the spring rolls. The entire peanut sauce recipe has 266 calories, 23g carbs, 16.8g fat, and 9.85g protein.
- Serving Size: 1 spring roll
- Calories: 70 cals
- Sugar: 1.32g
- Sodium: 18mg
- Fat: 2.85g
- Saturated Fat: 0.37g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: summer rolls, spring rolls, basil, peanut sauce, rice paper rolls