This zucchini oatmeal tastes just like chocolate zucchini bread batter! This hearty breakfast is chocolatey, rich, luscious, and totally healthy! The grated zucchini is barely noticeable in this oatmeal, making it the perfect way to add volume to your breakfast without additional calories.
- 2 small zucchinis, peeled and grated (about 300g or 2 cups grated)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 4 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk or water
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (sub agave or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (optional, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For serving (optional)
- Chocolate chips
- Vegan yogurt
- Chopped dates
- Combine all ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower to medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the oatmeal is thick. Remember that the oatmeal will continue to thicken as it cools. If the oatmeal is too thick, add more milk or water. If the oatmeal is too thin, continue to simmer until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and serve. Top with chocolate chips, chopped banana, vegan yogurt, chopped dates, or any other nut, seed, or fruit that you like! This oatmeal will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Nutrition information is calculated without the optional serving ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 280.1 kcal
- Sugar: 14.4 g
- Sodium: 476.2 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.5 g
- Fiber: 7.4 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: zucchini oatmeal, zucchini bread oatmeal, zucchini recipes, low calorie oatmeal