This tahini pad thai is a quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes! This healthy, gluten-free stir fry is full of rice noodles, tofu, and veggies topped with a creamy tahini lime sauce.
- 1 8oz package rice noodles (250g)
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu (200g)
- 4 cups bean sprouts
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely sliced
- 5 small cremini mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 + tablespoons sesame oil, for stir-frying
Tahini lime sauce
- 5 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (sub brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (sub tamari if gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons water
Optional (for serving)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Prep your ingredients. Drain excess water from the tofu, then cut it into roughly 1/2 inch squares. Thinly slice the red bell pepper, onions, and mushrooms. Peel the skin off the carrot, then continue to peel it to make ribbons. Set aside.
- Prep your sauce. Whisk together tahini, lime juice, coconut sugar, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, and water until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook the rice noodles based on packaging instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up some sesame oil in a pan over medium high heat. Once hot, fry the tofu on each side for a minute or two until golden brown. Put in a bowl and set aside.
- Pour more sesame oil to the pan and add the onions, garlic, carrots, red bell pepper, and mushrooms to the pan. Stir fry for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the cooked rice noodles, tofu, and tahini lime sauce to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the bean sprouts, then remove the pan from heat.
- Serve this tahini pad thai topped with fresh cilantro and lime wedges! Keep in the fridge for about 2 days. Not freezer friendly.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 508.26
- Sugar: 12.95g
- Sodium: 597.32mg
- Fat: 17.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 73.42g
- Fiber: 7.69g
- Protein: 19.59g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: Vegan Pad Thai, Tahini, Rice Noodles, Vegetable Stir Fry