These Vegan BBQ Cauliflower Tacos are crispy, saucy, and the perfect comfort food. What’s better than baked BBQ coated cauliflower served in a warm tortilla? These tacos make for a fun and unique dinner!
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 4 cups)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1.5 cups BBQ sauce
- Corn tortillas (or tortilla of choice)
For serving (optional)
- Vegan sour cream
- Chopped pickles
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Chop the cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Chop small enough so that you can comfortably eat them in a taco!
- Prep the batter and breadcrumbs. In a mixing bowl, make a batter by whisking together the almond milk, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. It should be nice and thick. In a second bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
- Batter and bread the cauliflower florets. Coat a floret in the batter, letting any excess batter drip off. Then roll the floret in the breadcrumbs until evenly coated. Place on a greased or lined baking tray. Continue this step until all the florets are coated.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Add the BBQ sauce to a bowl, and evenly coat each piece of cauliflower.
- Return the florets to the baking tray and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, warm up some corn tortillas in a skillet over medium-high heat, for about 20-30 seconds on each side.
- Serve immediately. I love eating these tacos with a little bit of cashew sour cream, and chopped pickles (yes, really), and cilantro.
Nutritional information is estimated using one 6″ corn tortilla per taco and using Dinosaur Bar-B-Que BBQ sauce. Nutrition will vary based on tortilla and sauce used.
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 222 kcal
- Sugar: 8.5 g
- Sodium: 398.40 mg
- Fat: 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.5 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: bbq cauliflower, tacos with cauliflower, cauliflower recipes, cauliflower wings