This vegan chickpea salad sandwich is perfect for quick lunches, picnics, and meal prep!
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small red onion, diced (1/4 cup)
- 1 celery stalk, diced (1/4 cup)
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan mayo (sub tahini or hummus)
- 2 teaspoons dry dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper, or to taste
- 4 slices of bread
- Lettuce, tomato, cucumber (optional)
- Add chickpeas to a mixing bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher, leaving some texture.
- Add the remaining chickpea salad ingredients to the bowl and mix. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve on toasted bread and enjoy!
For meal prep, I recommend keeping the chickpea salad in it’s own container and assembling the sandwich the day you plan to eat it so the bread doesn’t get soggy.
This recipe makes 2 very thick sandwiches, but you could get 4 sandwiches out of it if you like a lighter filling-to-bread ratio.
Nutrition information is calculated not including the bread or sandwich toppings.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 278.42 cals
- Sugar: 6.48g
- Sodium: 817mg
- Fat: 14.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 30.20g
- Fiber: 8.2g
- Protein: 9.15g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: sandwich with chickpeas, vegan sandwich, garbanzo beans