- Thaw your frozen puff pastry sheet. Leave out at room temperature for about 45 minutes, or until is easy to unfold. You can also leave it in the fridge to thaw overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Unfold the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Use a rolling pin to gently flatten the puff pastry with a rolling pin. Cut the puff pastry sheet into thirds horizontally, and into fourths vertically to form 12 squares.
- Scoop about a teaspoon each of guava paste and vegan cream cheese onto each pastry square.
- Melt the vegan butter in the microwave. Brush a little vegan butter on the edges of the pastry squares. Fold the pastry in half over the filling, crimping the edges with a fork.
- Poke holes on the tops of each pastry with a fork. Then brush the tops of the pastries with vegan butter, then pop in the oven for 20 minutes until fluffy and golden.
- Once done, let the pastries cool for about 5 minutes on a cooling rack. Sift a little powdered sugar on the bottom of the container you plan to store the pastries. Transfer the pastries to the container, and sift the rest of the powered sugar over the top of them.
- Store in an air-tight container for about 3 days. These are best eaten straight out of the oven. Reheat in a toaster oven or the microwave.
Keywords: Guava, Vegan Cream Cheese, Vegan Pastries, Puff Pastry, Vegan Pastelillitos