These vegan hot chocolate cookies have a soft center, crispy edges, and are full of gooey marshmallow goodness.
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, soft but not melted
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 2/3 cup (80g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- 3 vegan marshmallows, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a reusable silicone mat.
- To a medium mixing bowl, add the vegan butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Cream the ingredients together using a hand mixer, about 1-2 minutes. Add the non-dairy milk, and cream together again.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. The dough will be a little sticky.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and 2/3 of your chopped marshmallows.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1 1/2 tablespoon balls and place on the lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Gently push the remaining marshmallow pieces onto the tops of the cookie dough balls.
- Bake in the center rack of the oven for 13-14 minutes, until the edges of the cookie are just starting to firm up.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. They will look a little puffy and under baked. Bang the baking tray on the counter several times to help the cookies flatten.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking tray before eating. They will continue to crisp up as they cool!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 127.1 kcal
- Sugar: 12.1 g
- Sodium: 81.3 mg
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.2 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan hot chocolate cookies, vegan cookies