These delicious vegan mushroom philly cheesesteak egg rolls are baked or fried to crispy perfection! Stuffed with sautéed mushrooms, peppers, onions, and vegan cheese. The perfect snack or appetizer for any occasion!
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 cups cremini mushrooms, diced (about 10–12 mushrooms)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegan worcestershire sauce (sub soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 12 vegan egg roll wraps
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Sauté 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent and mushrooms have started to wilt.
- Add the peppers, garlic, worcestershire sauce, and balsamic vinegar. Sauté 5 minutes, or until the green peppers have softened.
- Raise heat to medium high and cook until most of the moisture has evaporated, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Fill and roll the egg rolls.
- Place one egg roll wrap at a time on a clean surface. Scoop ~1 tablespoon of cheese followed by ~2 tablespoons of the vegetable mixture onto the center of the wrap.
- Keep a small bowl of water nearby and use it as “glue” to hold the egg roll wrapper corners together. Use your finger to wet the corners of the egg roll wrapper before rolling.
- Roll the bottom corner up and over the filling, fold in each side, and then roll the rest of the way up. Wrap tightly, pushing out any air bubbles.
- To bake the egg rolls: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place egg rolls seam side down on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a reusable silicone mat. Spray egg rolls with oil and bake for 20 minutes until crispy, flipping halfway through cooking.
- To fry the egg rolls: heat up 1/2 inch of oil in a pan over medium high heat. Once hot, place as many egg rolls that can comfortably fit in the pan seam side down. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- These egg rolls are best enjoyed fresh! Be careful, the cheese on the inside of the egg rolls will be very hot if eaten straight away. Enjoy on their own, or dipped into a vegan cheese sauce.
Reheat in the oven for best results. Preheat the oven to 350 F, and bake egg rolls about 10 minutes, flipping half way, until heated through.
If frying, I recommend using a neutral tasting oil like vegetable oil, canola oil, or sunflower oil.
- Serving Size: 1 egg roll
- Calories: 99 kcal
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 209.6 mg
- Fat: 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.3 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: mushroom philly cheesesteak egg rolls, vegan egg roll recipe, vegan philly cheesesteak