This vegan orange glazed tofu “ham” is smoky, sweet, and absolutely delicious! Glazed tofu is a stunning dinner centerpiece that is surprisingly easy to make. This will be your new favorite way to enjoy tofu.
1 (14 oz) block extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (sub tamari if gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/3 cup orange juice (juice of 1 navel orange)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Marinate the tofu.
- Cut a shallow crosshatch pattern onto one side of your pressed tofu block, about 1/4 inch deep.
- Mix marinade ingredients into a container with a lid or a sealable bag that is big enough to fit the entire block of tofu.
- Let the tofu marinate for at least 5 hours, or preferably overnight in the fridge. The longer the better. Flip the tofu every once in awhile to ensure that both sides get evenly marinated.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Bake the tofu. Place marinated tofu crosshatch side up on a lined baking sheet, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Make the orange glaze. While the tofu is cooking, combine the orange juice and brown sugar in a small pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and simmer for 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until you have a thick and sticky glaze.
- Glaze the tofu. Once the tofu is done baking, remove from the oven and evenly brush the orange glaze on the top and sides of the tofu.
- Bake until caramelized. Bake the glazed tofu for an additional 15 minutes, or until the tofu edges are browned and caramelized.
It is essential that your tofu is pressed really well, or it will not absorb any of the marinade. Press for at least 5 hours. I use and recommend the Tofuture tofu press.
Store-bought orange juice or freshly juiced orange juice both work great.
Please line your baking tray! The orange glaze caramelizes in the oven and excess glaze will drip off the tofu, leaving a puddle of caramelized sugar residue on the tray. Use a reusable silicone mat or parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 206.6 kcal
- Sugar: 13.8 g
- Sodium: 624 mg
- Fat: 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.4 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 17.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: glazed tofu ham, baked tofu ham, tofu ham recipe