This is how you make perfect homemade Potato Gnocchi. Made with only potatoes and flour, these dumplings are soft, fluffy, and melt in your mouth!
- 16oz Potatoes (5 small Potatoes)
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat your oven to 210 degrees Celsius (410 degrees Fahrenheit). Poke little holes in your Potatoes so they do not explode in the oven. Place them on a baking tray and pop into the oven for 55-60 mins.
- Once the Potatoes are soft, remove them from the oven. Cut them in half to release the steam.
- After the Potatoes are cool enough to handle, mash them with a fork until smooth.
- Slowly add your ¼ cup of Flour to the mashed Potatoes, stirring until incorporated. Then flour your surface and begin gently kneading a few times with the palm of your hand. The dough should feel light and airy, but still hold together. If it will not stay together, add more flour.
- Separate your dough into three chunks. Roll each chunk into a long rope about ½ inch thick. Cut 1 inch dumplings from the rope. Make sure they are floured!
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Throw in just a few dumplings for a test round. Once they float to the top of the water, boil an additional 10-15 seconds before fishing them out. Wait a moment for them to cool, then try one to examine the texture. If it is too gooey and falling apart, add more Flour to your dough before continuing.
- Boil the additional dumplings.
- Once I’m done boiling these, I like to sauté them in some Vegan Butter, Garlic, and Black Pepper until slightly golden. Feel free to add whatever sauce you like!
Keywords: Gnocchi, Potatoes, Vegan, Homemade Gnocchi, Dumplings