These carrot cake bites are vegan, gluten-free, and made with wholesome ingredients. With 5 ingredients and 10 minutes, you have a decadent treat packed with all your favorite carrot cake flavors.
- 1 cup grated carrots *
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Shredded coconut (optional, for rolling)
- Pinch of salt
- Remove the pits from your dates. If your dates are dried out, soak them in water for about 5 minutes to rehydrate. If you have gooey dates, you can skip this step.
- Pulse your walnuts in the food processor until a fine crumble forms.
- Add the pitted dates, grated carrots, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt to the food processor. Pulse until evenly incorporated.
- Form mixture into 1″ – 1.5″ balls.
- If you want to spice up these carrot cake balls, roll them in some shredded coconut until evenly coated.
- Put these in the freezer for 30 mins to firm up before consuming. Store in an air-tight container in the freezer. You could also store in the fridge, but these are best frozen!
* If you don’t want to buy grated carrots or use a grater, cut your carrots into small coins and throw them in a food processor. Pulse several times until they reach the desired texture. This is how I do it!
Keywords: Carrot Cake, Vegan Carrot Cake, Bliss Balls, No Bake, Energy Bites, Vegan Snacks