These carrot cake bites are vegan, gluten-free, and made with wholesome ingredients. No baking required, these raw treats couldn’t be easier to make. With 5 ingredients and 10 minutes, you have a decadent yet healthy snack packed with all your favorite carrot cake flavors.
It is officially springtime, so we need a nice seasonal recipe to celebrate. When I think of spring, my mind goes to carrot cake. I didn’t enjoy carrot cake until I was an adult, but I now have a deep appreciation for it’s carroty sweetness and warming flavors. I even made some Carrot Cake Granola a last year because, yes, I’m a little obsessed with the flavor.
Since we are experiencing a global pandemic right now, all non-essential businesses have shut down. Therefore, gyms are closed until further notice. Meaning that I have been going on runs outside a lot lately (still social distancing, no worries!) to get some exercise. And my hands-down favorite running food is either dates or energy balls made with dates. My trusty Chocolate Walnut Energy Balls have served me well during my runs for a long while, but it’s springtime! Let’s switch it up. Introducing: Carrot Cake Bites 🥕
These no-bake bites are vegan, gluten-free, and are made with just 5 ingredients and 10 minutes. Let’s go!
How to make carrot cake bites
- Pulse walnuts in a food processor until a fine crumble forms.
- Add in pitted dates, grated carrot, and spices. Pulse until combined.
- Form 1″-1.5″ balls, and roll in shredded coconut (optional)
- Freeze for 30 minutes and enjoy!
How to quickly grate your own carrots
Cut your carrots into small coins, throw into a food processor, and pulse several times until you achieved the desired “grated” texture. My solution to most lengthy cutting, chopping, or grating endeavors is to let the food processor take care of it 👌
If you cannot eat walnuts, feel free to swap the walnuts 1:1 with rolled oats. Pulse the oats in a few processor a couple of times to break them down a bit, without turning them into flour.
If you like this recipe, you will also love…
If you make this recipe, leave it a rating and a comment! You can also tag me @Daughter_of_Seitan on Instagram so I can see your lovely food creations. XOXOPrint
Carrot Cake Bites (5 Ingredients)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 18 balls 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Food Processor
- Diet: Vegan
These carrot cake bites are vegan, gluten-free, and made with wholesome ingredients. With 5 ingredients and 10 minutes, you have a decadent treat packed with all your favorite carrot cake flavors.
- 1 cup grated carrots *
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Shredded coconut (optional, for rolling)
- Pinch of salt
- Remove the pits from your dates. If your dates are dried out, soak them in water for about 5 minutes to rehydrate. If you have gooey dates, you can skip this step.
- Pulse your walnuts in the food processor until a fine crumble forms.
- Add the pitted dates, grated carrots, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt to the food processor. Pulse until evenly incorporated.
- Form mixture into 1″ – 1.5″ balls.
- If you want to spice up these carrot cake balls, roll them in some shredded coconut until evenly coated.
- Put these in the freezer for 30 mins to firm up before consuming. Store in an air-tight container in the freezer. You could also store in the fridge, but these are best frozen!
* If you don’t want to buy grated carrots or use a grater, cut your carrots into small coins and throw them in a food processor. Pulse several times until they reach the desired texture. This is how I do it!
Keywords: Carrot Cake, Vegan Carrot Cake, Bliss Balls, No Bake, Energy Bites, Vegan Snacks
[…] Carrot Cake Bites – sign me up for these! […]
[…] Homeade Beef Stew by Healthy Fitness Meals02| Dairy Free Carrot Cake by Hello Spoonful03| Carrot Cake Bites by Daughter Of Seitan04| Roasted Carrots with Honey and Garlic Yogurt Sauce by Pinch of […]