This 3-ingredient chia cherry jam is made with wholesome ingredients and requires just 15 minutes to make! It is the perfect topping for pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, or toast.
- 3 cups frozen or fresh cherries* (I used frozen)
- 1/4 cup tablespoons orange juice
- 1–2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp ginger (optional)
- Place cherries, orange juice, and ginger (optional) in a small pot and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Once it starts to simmer, reduce heat to medium and use a wooden spoon to mash the cherries.
- Continue to simmer uncovered for about 7-8 minutes, frequently stirring and mashing the fruit. Simmer until the liquid is mostly evaporated and the jam is thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chia seeds. Let cool completely, then transfer to an air-tight container or jar.
- Serve on pancakes, stir into oatmeal, or spread onto toast. This keeps in the fridge for about a week.
* You could also use berries if you don’t have cherries! Strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries would all work.
Keywords: Frozen Fruit, How to make Jam, Cherry Jam, Chia Jam, Frozen Cherries, Frozen Berries