These high-protein Classic Chickpea Veggie Burgers are easy to make, ready in 20 minutes, and perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
- 1 tin White Beans (1.5 cups)
- 1 tin Chickpeas (1.5 cups)
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 small Tomato, diced
- 4 small Mushrooms, diced
- 5 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Salt + Black Pepper to taste
- Add a little oil or water in a pan over medium heat and fry the Onions, Mushrooms, and Tomatoes 5 minutes until soft and slightly brown.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse 1 tin of White Beans and 1 tin of Chickpeas.
- In a food processor or blender, add in the cooked veggies along with the rest of your ingredients. If you are using a blender, be sure to pulse the ingredients in two batches so everything can get evenly processed. Pulse several times until the mixture is well combined but still chunky, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and form patties with your hands. The dough will be pretty sticky, so flour your hands and surface if needed!
- Add some oil to a large pan over medium low heat. Once hot, add your patties and fry 2-3 minutes on each side until it starts to brown.
- Serve as you please! I like these served on a sesame bun with fresh tomato, lettuce, mustard, and drenched with ketchup.
Keywords: Veggie Burgers, Chickpeas, High Protein, Vegan Sandwiches, Vegan Burgers