These vegan mashed potatoes are creamy, garlicky, and are ready in 30 minutes. This classic side is easy enough to make for a weeknight dinner, but is delicious enough to serve at Thanksgiving or Christmas.
It’s almost November!!! Can you believe it?
October has been a wild month for me. Busy, stressful, travel, lots of change, having to make important life changing decisions — an emotional rollercoaster, really. So spooky!!! 👻Halloween was more of a lifestyle than a holiday this year.
With that said, Thanksgiving is coming up and I’ve been cooking up a storm! Today I’m sharing some wonderful vegan mashed potatoes. These mashed potatoes are so creamy, garlicky, and melt-in-your mouth delicious. In just 30 minutes and with only 4 ingredients, you can have the perfect side for your next holiday dinner.
As a vegan, showing up to a holiday gathering hoping you will be able to eat something is never a good idea. Even seemingly vegan food is often pure trickery. Mashed potatoes are full of dairy products, stuffing is made with chicken broth, and for whatever reason all the veggies are soaking in butter. Halloween is over. No more spooks. Bring these mashed potatoes to enjoy, and spend time with your family without worrying that Aunt Marie is trying to poison you.
Trying to use up some potatoes? Check out my Potato Gnocchi!
If you make this recipe, leave it a rating and a comment! You can also tag me @Daughter_of_Seitan on Instagram so I can see your lovely food creations. XOXOPrint
These mashed potatoes are creamy, garlicky, and totally vegan. This classic side is easy enough to make for a weeknight dinner, but is delicious enough to serve at Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 6–8 medium yukon gold potatoes
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Peel and chop the potatoes into large wedges.
- Put potatoes in a large pot, cover with water, and boil for 20-25 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes using a potato masher or a food processor. If using a potato masher, transfer the potatoes back to the pot, mash until fluffy, then stir in the soy milk, melted vegan butter, garlic, salt + pepper. If you have a food processor, you can add all the ingredients and pulse until combined.*
- For serving sprinkle some chives or parsley, or serve with vegan gravy. These mashed potatoes are best eaten fresh, but will keep in the fridge up to 3 days.
* Be careful not to over process your potatoes, or you will have a potato smoothie!
Keywords: Vegan Mashed Potatoes, Potatoes, Yukon Potatoes, Thanksgiving Sides, Vegan Sides, Holiday Sides