All you need is corn tortillas and salt to make these homemade tortilla chips! Ready in 15 minutes, these tortilla chips are quick to make and are healthier than store-bought chips. These chips are the perfect fix to a crunchy and salty craving!
Healthy Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips
I’ll start by saying that I’m an absolute salsa fiend but a total heat baby – I appreciate a nice, mild salsa that isn’t going to leave 3rd degree burns on my lips. Right now I’m obsessed with the pineapple salsa and peach mango salsa from Wegmans, so I need a good vehicle to getting the salsa from jar to mouth. Tortilla chips are my preferred method of transportation 🚗 These homemade tortilla chips have been one of my favorite snacks over the past couple of years, and I needed to share them with you now that salsa season is in full swing!
Here is why I love making my own chips.
- Small batch chips whenever you want! I hate buying huge bags of chips and I always end up consuming way more chips than I intended to. Since these homemade tortilla chips only take 15 minutes to make, it is so quick and easy to make chips on an as-needed basis.
- Healthier than store-bought chips. There is nothing wrong with eating store-bought tortilla chips in moderation, but they are usually packed with a lot of oil and salt. The benefit of home cooking is that you control all the ingredients. These homemade chips are a lot lighter and a totally feel-good snack!
- Warm, fresh chips are the best ❤️ Mmm who doesn’t love the moment at a Mexican restaurant when they place a basket of warm chips in front of you? The experience of my tortilla chips is similar. But not exactly the same, because my chips are baked (not fried) and everything tastes better fried…
Ingredients for the easiest homemade tortilla chips
You can absolutely make your own tortilla chips from scratch using corn flour, but this recipe is much easier! All you need is 2 ingredients to make your own healthy chips at home.
- Store-bought corn tortillas
- Lime juice (optional, for flavor)
- Spray oil (optional, for extra crispiness)
That’s it! This recipe is quick, easy, and super customizable. Feel free to add any spices you want – chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder would taste amazing on these chips.
How to make tortilla chips from corn tortillas
- Cut corn tortillas into little triangles and spread onto a baking tray.
- Spray with a little oil and sprinkle with salt and lime juice.
- Bake until chip edges are golden.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Have some extra tortillas? Try my Simple Vegan Tacos!
If you make this recipe, leave it a rating and a comment! You can also tag me @Daughter_of_Seitan on Instagram so I can see your lovely food creations. XOXOPrint
These 2 ingredient tortilla chips are healthier than store bought chips and only take 15 minutes to make!
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice of half a lime (optional)
- Spray oil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Cut the tortillas into triangles and place on a large baking tray lined with parchment paper or a reusable silicone mat. For extra crispiness, spray with a little oil. Squeeze the juice of half a lime and sprinkle salt evenly onto the chips.
- Bake at the bottom rack of the oven for 7 minutes then flip the chips. Bake an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the edges of the chips are slightly golden.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before eating – they get crispier as they cool! Enjoy with your favorite salsa or guacamole.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 22mg
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: healthy tortilla chips, corn tortillas, tortilla chips recipe