These vegan pecan pie energy bites are the perfect snack or dessert! With only 5 ingredients and 10 minutes, you get all the flavors of a pecan pie rolled into a delicious no-bake energy bite. Vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free.
- 1/3 cup oats (gluten-free, if necessary)
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup soft pitted dates, packed *
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Remove the pits from your dates. If your dates are dry, soak them in warm water for 5-10 minutes. If you have soft gooey dates, soaking is not necessary.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Pulse several times, scraping down the sides as needed, until a sticky dough forms. You should be able to roll the dough into a ball without it falling apart. *
- Form the dough into 1 – 1.5 in balls.
- For best results, put the energy balls into the freezer for at least 30 minutes before enjoying. Store in an air-tight container or bag in the freezer or the fridge.
If the dough seems dry, that means your dates weren’t soft enough. Add half a tablespoon of water at a time, and pulse again until you achieve a sticky dough.
- Serving Size: 1 energy ball
- Calories: 73.6 kcal
- Sugar: 6.1 g
- Sodium: 16.8 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.8 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan pecan pie, pecan pie energy bites, energy balls