- 12 vegan wonton wrappers
- 10 medium cremini mushrooms, finely diced
- 2oz vegan cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Heat up some oil in a pan over medium high heat. Once hot, sautee the diced mushrooms and minced garlic for 5 minutes. The mushrooms will shrink in size and become dark. Remove from heat.
- Scoop the vegan cream cheese into a bowl and stir in soy sauce and scallions. Then mix in the mushrooms and garlic until well incorporated.
- Prepare the wontons. Lay a wonton wrapper flat on a cutting board or plate, and scoop a heaping teaspoon of the cream cheese mushroom mixture into the center of the wrapper.
- Dip your finger into a small bowl of water and get the edges of the wonton wrapper wet. Fold the wrapper over to make a triangle, pinching the edges to seal them. Then pull the two corners of the wonton inward so one overlaps the other, pinching and sealing with water.
- Place wontons on a lined or greased baking tray.* For extra crispiness, spray the wontons with a little cooking oil, but they will be delicious oil-free too!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. The wontons will crisp up a bit as they cool.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce, sweet chili sauce, or soy sauce! These are best eaten immediately, but will last in the fridge for 3-4 days.
* I recommend using a reusable silicone mat for best results.
Keywords: Vegan Wontons, Vegan Cream Cheese, Mushrooms