These crispy chickpeas are perfectly crunchy and satisfying. They add an amazing crunch to any soup or salad, or can be enjoyed on their own! All you need is some canned chickpeas, oil, and salt to make this delicious snack.
How to make crispy chickpeas
Drain and rinse your chickpeas and dry off with a towel to remove excess moisture. Mix the chickpeas with some salt + oil, toss them on a lined baking tray, and bake! That’s it. Super simple. The hardest part about making these chickpeas is making sure they get to an appropriate crispiness level and do not burn.
Do I need oil to make crispy chickpeas?
YES. Please use oil. If you do not use oil, the chickpeas will not be super crispy.
A few notes:
- These chickpeas will keep in an air-tight container for about two weeks! Make a big batch and sprinkle these babies on everything.
- These are a great gluten-free alternative to croutons, giving salads that same satisfying crunch!
- Feel free to add whatever spices you want — be creative! Garlic powder would be a great addition to this simple chickpea recipe. Rosemary, thyme, or sage would be delicious as well. Try cinnamon and sugar for a sweet chickpea treat.
Love chickpeas? Got some extra cans you need to use up? Check out my Mediterranean Chickpea Salad for a quick vegan salad perfect for meal prep.
If you make this recipe, leave it a rating and a comment! You can also tag me @Daughter_of_Seitan on Instagram so I can see your lovely food creations. XOXOPrint
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 420 F.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Spread chickpeas on a paper towel and dry off any excess moisture.
- Transfer chickpeas to a bowl and stir in olive oil and salt until the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Evenly spread chickpeas on a lined baking tray.
- Bake chickpeas for 28-30 minutes on the top rack of your oven, turning them half way through. *
- Remove from oven and let cool at least 10 minutes before eating. They will continue to get crispier as they cool. Let cool completely, then store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks! Enjoy on soups, salads, or on their own.
* Depending on your oven, you may need to bake the chickpeas slightly longer. They should be golden brown but not burnt.
Keywords: Chickpeas, Crispy Chickpeas, Crunchy Chickpeas, Roasted Chickpeas, Vegan Snacks