This banana bread granola is vegan, gluten-free, and is ready in under 30 minutes. Using only 8 wholesome ingredients, you can have a healthy breakfast or snack that is perfect for meal prep! Sprinkle on yogurt, enjoy with milk, or eat plain for a crunchy snack.
If you’re vegan, you probably have a dozen or so ripe bananas sitting around at a time. You’re eating them as fast as you can. You had three smoothies today. You gave some to your neighbor, who also didn’t want them. And your freezer is already packed with enough bananas to serve banana ice cream to an army. You spot a single fruit fly and start to panic.
Is this just me or do you guys deal with banana overload too?
This recipe isn’t going to solve your overly enthusiastic banana purchasing problems, but it is another way you can use up a ripe banana.
If y’all aren’t making your own granola, you better start! It is so cheap, easy, and you can control all the ingredients. Whip up a big batch for meal prep and store in an air-tight container up to 2 weeks or a month in the fridge. But between my boyfriend and I, a batch of this granola doesn’t last more than a couple of days 😏 We are granola fiends.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
8 simple ingredients 🍌
The base of any granola recipe is typically oats and some sort of binder that helps form little oat clusters. Make sure you use whole oats instead of quick oats. Quick oats are great for making a bowl of oatmeal in a pinch, not for making granola. For the binder, you can use either tahini or almond butter — both are pretty neutral tasting and are great in this recipe.
Since this is a banana bread inspired recipe, we are using a mashed banana to add a subtle banana flavor, along with vanilla extract and cinnamon. The banana naturally sweetens the granola, but I found adding a little maple syrup or agave makes it even better.
When I imagine the perfect banana bread, it is always full of walnuts, so I included those as well! Pumpkin seeds are added for extra crunch. Chopped dates are optional but have a lovely caramel flavor and add an chewy textural element to the granola.
How to make Banana Bread Granola
Mash the banana until smooth, then mix in the wet ingredients and spices. Stir in oats, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds until evenly incorporated. Spread the mixture onto a baking tray. Bake, flip, then bake some more until golden. Let cool completely before consuming. Super easy! Even your dog could make this 🐶
But probably don’t feed it to your dog???
Want more granola ideas? Check out my Carrot Cake Granola!
If you make this recipe, leave it a rating and a comment! You can also tag me @Daughter_of_Seitan on Instagram so I can see your lovely food creations. XOXOPrint
This banana bread granola is vegan, gluten-free, and is ready in under 30 minutes. Using only 8 wholesome ingredients, you can have a healthy breakfast or snack that is perfect for meal prep!
- 2 cups whole oats
- 1/3 cup tahini (sub almond butter)
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped dates (optional)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (sub agave)
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 F (162 C).
- In a large bowl, mash the banana with a fork until smooth. Add in the tahini, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the oats, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds.
- Spread the mixture flat onto a baking tray lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Use a spatula to flip your granola, then return to the oven for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Once golden, remove from the oven and stir in your chopped dates.
- The granola will get crunchier as it cools, so wait until it is room temperature before consuming! Store in an air-tight container for two weeks or in the fridge for a month. Enjoy on yogurt, with milk, or on it’s own!
Keywords: Bananas, Banana Bread, Vegan Granola, Homemade Granola, Easy Breakfast, Vegan Snacks