These mini vegan frittatas are a healthy breakfast that is perfect for meal prep. Made with chickpea flour and tofu, these plant-based “egg” muffins are packed with vegan protein and will keep you full and satiated all morning.
The perfect high protein vegan breakfast
Each of these mini vegan frittatas has a whopping 6.5 grams of protein and only 77 calories! Plus, no nasty cholesterol. I’d like to point out that one boiled egg has 78 calories, 6 grams of protein, and 187 grams of cholesterol. Ouch. Did eggs just get BOOM ROASTED by chickpea flour and tofu? Um, yes I think they just did 😁
I am so excited to share this recipe with you guys!
Ingredients for vegan egg muffins
Chickpea flour and silken tofu give these mini vegan frittatas a perfect “eggy” texture. In vegan egg recipes, chickpea flour is typically used for vegan omelets and tofu is used for scrambles, but I think a combination of the two is perfect for these frittatas! These egg muffins have a nice, soft, almost quiche-like consistency.
Nutritional yeast adds a cheesy taste (plus vitamin B-12! wooh! 🎉), while garlic powder and dried basil round out the flavor profile, and turmeric adds a great eggy color.
These wouldn’t be frittatas without some veggies! Use whatever veggies you have on hand, just make sure to chop them finely. I kept it classic and used diced onion, chopped cherry tomatoes, and some baby spinach. Perfection 👌
How to make mini vegan frittatas
These frittatas require 10 minutes of hands-on prep time, then you can just throw them into the oven!
- Preheat the oven and chop the veggies.
- Blitz the chickpea flour, tofu, and spices in a food processor.
- Pour the frittata mixture into a mixing bowl and stir in the veggies.
- Grease a muffin tin and fill each cup with the mixture.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
How to store vegan frittatas
Store these mini frittatas in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or you can also pop them in the freezer. They are perfect for meal prep so you can enjoy a high protein plant-based breakfast all week long! What a treat.
More vegan breakfast ideas perfect for meal prep
If you make this recipe, leave it a rating and a comment! You can also tag me @Daughter_of_Seitan on Instagram so I can see your lovely food creations. XOXOPrint
These mini vegan frittatas are a healthy breakfast that is perfect for meal prep. Made with chickpea flour and tofu, these “egg” muffins are packed with vegan protein and will keep you full and satiated all morning.
- 1 16oz pack of silken tofu
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 5 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/4 onion, finely diced
- 1 cup of spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Chop your onions, tomatoes, and spinach. Set aside.
- Add silken tofu, chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, ground basil, turmeric, and salt + pepper in a food processor. * Blitz until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, combine frittata mixture and chopped veggies. Stir until evenly incorporated.
- Lightly grease your muffin tin cups, then pour in the frittata mixture. Bake on the center rack of the oven 40-55 mins, until the frittata’s tops are slightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the frittata comes out mostly clean. Let cool completely before removing from the muffin tin.
- These mini vegan frittatas will last about 5-6 days stored in an air-tight container in the fridge, or pop them in the freezer!
* A blender will also work if you don’t have a food processor.
- Serving Size: 1 mini frittata
- Calories: 77
- Sugar: 0.77g
- Sodium: 74mg
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.33g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.4g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7.5g
- Fiber: 2.89g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Vegan Frittatas, Vegan Protein, Vegan Egg Muffins, Chickpea Flour Recipes, High-Protein Vegan Breakfast