I’ve been pretty busy this month, so I haven’t been cooking as much as I typically do. But I have had one amazing dish on repeat that I cannot get enough of! It’s savory, sweet, comes together in under 30 minutes, and will bring you the happiest of happies. Yes, I’m talking about Pineapple Fried Rice! 🍍
If you think pineapple on pizza is weird, then you might also think pineapple in fried rice is weird. But don’t knock it till you try it! The pineapple adds a sweet contrast to the savory flavors in the fried rice and compliments it perfectly. When fried, the pineapple gets slightly caramelized and wow it’s so out-of-this-world good. If you know me, you know I’m a sucker for caramelized fruits. 🤤
For this recipe I opted to use white rice because it cooks pretty fast, but feel free to use brown rice if you’d like. For veggies, I used red bell pepper, mushrooms, and onions, but sub in whichever veggies you like. Peas, corn, and carrots would be delicious as well!
A Few Notes
- This recipe is great for using leftover rice 😉
- Fresh pineapple > canned pineapple, but work with what you got!
- Pineapple fried rice is best eaten within 3-4 days.
Want more Thai-inspired dinners? Check out this Tahini Pad Thai recipe!
If you make this recipe, leave it a rating and a comment! You can also tag me @Daughter_of_Seitan on Instagram so I can see your lovely food creations. XOXOPrint
Pineapple Fried Rice
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2–3 servings 1x
- Category: Mains
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Thai
This pineapple fried rice is sweet, savory, and ready in under 30 minutes. Vegan, gluten-free, healthy, and perfect for a quick and easy dinner.
- 3/4 cup dry white rice (~ 2 cups cooked)
- 2 cups pineapple, diced (1 small pineapple)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice (1 lime)
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pot with the rice. Once boiling reduce to a simmer, cover with a lid, and cook 17-18 mins until all the water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, prep the veggies. Chop the pineapple, red bell pepper, and onion into small chunks. Slice the mushrooms. Mince the garlic.
- Heat some water or oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook the onions and garlic 4-5 minutes, or until they start to brown.
- Throw the red bell pepper and mushrooms into the pan, and cook 4-5 minutes, or until they start to soften.
- Add the pineapple to the pan, and cook 2-3 minutes until the pineapple starts to break down and get juicy.
- Finally, stir in the cooked rice, soy sauce, and lime juice. Cook an additional few minutes so all the flavors can combine.
- Serve immediately!
Keywords: Pineapple, Fried Rice, Pineapple Fried Rice, Thai, Vegan Fried Rice
This looks so good! I always love getting pineapple fried rice take out. Going to make this as soon as I get a fresh pineapple. Thank you!
Wooh! It’s awesome making your fave take out dishes at home. Hope you got that fresh pineapple and everything turned out lovely ❤️