This single-serving of pancakes is vegan and gluten-free. They are healthy enough to eat everyday for breakfast but still feel like a decadent treat. Best yet, these pancakes are made with just 4 ingredients you probably already have on hand and are ready in under 15 minutes!
I live by myself, and I’m guessing a lot of you do too! That means we have to cook for one sometimes.
I’m a huge fan of meal prep and having leftovers, but many of us in smaller spaces have limited fridge storage space (when I was living in Spain, I shared a mini fridge with another person – I feel your pain). Plus, some food is just not as good the next day! One of those foods being pancakes 🥞
These vegan pancakes are my go-to for a Mimi-only breakfast. This single serving recipe makes the perfect amount of pancakes for one hungry individual. I call them “Everyday Vegan Pancakes” because I could literally eat them every day. And I have actually done that for periods time! They require just 4 ingredients and 15 minutes to make, so really why wouldn’t you make them everyday?
If you have a partner, kids, a roommate, etc just double, triple, or quadruple this recipe to feed your friends and family! ❤️ There are enough pancakes to go around.
How to make vegan pancakes
Can we just talk about how amazing oats are? Not only are they super healthy, affordable, accessible, and delicious, but they are so versatile. Sure, you can have a classic bowl of oatmeal. But you can also make granola, oat cookies, or blend them into a flour for muffins, bliss balls… or pancakes. Yes, oats are the base of this recipe. Can you tell that I’m excited about it?
- Blend the oats into a fine flour.
- Add the banana, non-dairy milk, baking powder, and salt. Blend.
- Grease a pan or griddle and cook the pancakes.
- Top with maple syrup, nut butter, fresh fruit, or my yummy chia cherry jam!
If you like this recipe, you will also love…
If you make this recipe, leave it a rating and a comment! You can also tag me @Daughter_of_Seitan on Instagram so I can see your lovely food creations. XOXOPrint
This single-serving of pancakes is vegan, gluten-free. They are healthy enough to eat everyday for breakfast but still feel like a decadent treat. These pancakes are made with just 4 ingredients and are ready in under 15 minutes.
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 overripe banana (brown and spotty)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- A little coconut oil for greasing
- Add oats to a blender and blend until a fine flour forms. Then add the banana, non-dairy milk, salt, and baking powder. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a large pan or griddle over medium heat. Once hot, pour the batter onto the pan to form pancakes with about 1/4 cup of batter. When bubbles start to form on the pancakes, flip them. Only flip once if you can! Cook 1-2 minutes on the other side until both sides are evenly golden brown.
- Remove from heat and eat immediately. Top with maple syrup, nut butter, fresh fruit, or my cherry chia jam! Double, triple, or quadruple this recipe to share with your friends or family.
Keywords: Vegan Pancakes, Single Serving Pancakes, Gluten-Free Pancakes, Banana Pancakes, Easy Pancakes